Monday, February 4, 2008

Adding the Blinkie

Copy the code:
1. Using your mouse click and drag or even double click on the code to select it.
2. Right click on the selection and choose Copy.

Blogger Users:

1. Login and click on Customize in the upper right corner of your blog.
2. Click on Add a Gadget above the sidebar where you want the Link-Logo to be displayed, and then select HTML. Or you can click on an existing HTML sidebar element if you want the Link-Logo to be displayed with some others (ie...you have a Design Teams sidebar element already).
3. Fill in the Title appropriately (ie…type "Design Teams" or "Badge") or leave it blank.
4. Right click on the Content field and click on Paste.
5. Click on Save Changes. You may move the element to the desired location by simply dragging (click on it and drag the mouse while pressing the mouse button) it into place.

Typepad Users:
1. Login to your weblog. Create a new Typelist, one for links and give it a name (ie…Design Teams).
2. Create a new item, with no title and no URL. In the note section add the code for the Link-Logo
3. Next click the "Configure" tab on your Typelist and under advanced configuration, change the Display Notes option to "As text".
4. Save Changes and add the list to your blog. You're done!

Wordpress Users:
1.  From your Wordpress Dashboard click on Widgets located under Appearance on the left sidebar.
2.  Click and drag a Text widget from the Available Widgets area over to the area of the blog you want to display the blinkie (ie...Main Sidebar, Sidebar 1, Footer, etc.)
3.  Fill in the Title appropriately (ie…type "Design Teams" or "Badge") or leave it blank.
4.  Right click on the Content field and click on Paste.
5.  Click on Save and you're done!  View your blog to see the changes.

Please let me know if:
Your on another blog service and need help.
You need further assistance with these instructions.

8 comments:

Kate's Life said...

Yeah Sara!!!
Thanks for your help with this- I was hopeless!!!

Gigi's World said...

Sara, thanks so much for the help getting the info posted to my blog. It worked wonderfully!

- - Sheryl - - said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- - Sheryl - - said...

I found it - it's called "Edit HTML" in my tool bar.

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Thanks Sarah! I was getting a brain cramp trying to figure this thing out :)

Anonymous said...

I have a wordpress and can't make it work!

T Pham said...

I am unable to add the blinking. I have Wordpress and the URL code I copy just disappears when I try to save it. Please help.

Sara said...

Trina P., Send me an email with your code and blog URL, I will see what I can do.